The Saga Continues

Sunday, October 14, 2012

Ghostface Killah, M.O.P., and Pharoahe Monch “Black Out”

RZA Breaks Down "The Man with the Iron Fists" Soundtrack


Producer: Fizzy Womack

RZA: “Interesting combo. Now keep in mind, on this soundtrack, I had people working with me on the team, [supervising the music and helping to A&R specific songs]. For this song, we took one of the music cues from the movie that is kind of the underlying theme of the Blacksmith. And we had Fame [of M.O.P.] chop up my music cue into a loop. Actually, a lot of the case of this movie is us taking the score and turning it into song. And ‘Black Out’ was that.

“At first, we had Styles P on it. My version had him, but I don’t think we had enough time for the clearance. And so, we asked Pharoahe Monch to come in and bless it. And he [did]. And I told Pharoahe I’m grateful for him blessing it.”